Monday, September 3, 2012

33 days.... and we begin!

It's Labor Day, and I am back from a very short trip to Greenville, South Carolina to see my father and tell him Happy Birthday. I am sitting on my couch with the boys, and I'm settling in to start work on our campaign to win the Critter Ball 2012. 

Here's what we've accomplished so far:

  1. Choose the song. Okay, Kristin did this, but it's amazing. And a secret. But it will be amazing.
  2. Rehearse a bit. Okay... we've only rehearsed for about three hours, but it's a start.
  3. Meet to strategize with Ray. Yes... this was good. And Kristin made taco salads that were amazing. And Ray made raspberry strawberry margaritas. Yum. 
  4. Begin to find sponsors. Got two so far: Roberta Williamson for the cowboy boots and Will Kerner for photography for promotion. The photo shoot is scheduled for tomorrow.
And here's the daunting list of what's to come:

  1. Find more sponsors. For T-shirts, yard signs, posters, business card ads, buttons, videos, high fives, hugs, cowboy hats, western shirts, and all other campaign areas. 
  2. Rehearse. About 6-8 hours a week. And practice on my own. A lot.
  3. Raise a truckload of money. Last year's winner raised over $30,000. My goal is $25,000. In 33 days. So... I have a lot of work to do. And did I mention I am also raising money for the Live Arts Gala and ASG's AIDSWalk at the same time?
  4. Contemplate my schedule on October 6. Wake up early. Eat eggs. Let dogs out. Panic attack. AIDSWalk. Panic attack. Power nap. Critter Ball final dress. Critter Ball get ready time. Panic attack. Critter Ball. Drinking. Pass out. 
  5. Make a blog post where I actually introduce myself and talk about the Critter Ball, what it is, why I am doing it, and why anyone should care.
I will do #5 tomorrow. Sounds like a good place to start. 

Post one, complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment